Our available test include:
- Fecal exams to check for intestinal worms and parasites
- Urine analysis
- Blood Chemistry Panel, which includes blood glucose; liver, kidney and pancreas functions
- CBC, which checks red and white blood counts
- Heartworm disease
- Lyme disease
- Thyroid disease
- Parvo disease
- Skin scrapings, which checks for skin mites
- Feline Leukemia/AIDS
Containing an in house laboratory is vital to guaranteeing your pet is the healthiest he or she can be. Conducting blood work allows our doctors to diagnose and treat your companion quickly and efficiently.
Lunenburg Animal Hospital is able to perform numerous tests, depending on your pets' specific needs, in house and within minutes. By doing so, your special friend receives the finest care possible.
There are several different circumstances where bloodwork is necessary and/or recommended by our doctors. Your pet might need lab work if they:
- New kittens/cats need to be tested for feline leukemia/AIDS prior to any vaccinations
- Puppies showing signs of arvo (loose stool, bloody stool, vomiting)
- Pre-anesthetic bloodwork is recommended anytime your pet undergoes anesthesia; just to ensure your pet is healthy enough to withstand the procedure and anesthesia
- Geriatric patients
- Heartworm tests need to be conducted every year.